May 22, 2016
Dear Princeton Community,
This is a very busy time of the school year. And add to it all of the new construction! Here is the news for the end of the 20152016 school year.
LOTS OF MOVING GOING ON
This week, we have had a lot of moving happening. The biggest move has been that the entire South Elementary School has to box up and move. Imagine primary teachers and all of their supplies that they have! What a huge task. Our students at South have a different end day, due to the move. Their last day is Thursday, May 26. On Friday, May 27, the teachers will be seriously packing to ready for the move.
The ECFE and Early Childhood programs are also moving out of their rooms to get ready for renovation of that building. They too are moving this week. Their classrooms are filled with supplies, books, toys and educational materials as well. Their materials will be going into temporary storage to free up the space for renovation.
The District Office is also moving which starts the dominos for Community Education to occupy the District Office spaces. District Offices are moving to City Hall on May 26 and 27.
CONSTRUCTION CONTINUES. . .
The good news is that construction continues to be on time.
● Princeton Primary School is slated to be turned over to the district on July 15. We are starting to see the end of this project! So exciting.
● During the summer, the current District Office will undergo a complete transformation from offices to a Family Learning Center, which will house Community Education, ECFE, and Early Childhood programs.
● District Office will be located in City Hall. Enter the building on the side of the current Community Education awning. There is public parking across the street. School Board meetings will be held in the Council Chambers, beginning in June.
● Field work is underway for our new youth baseball fields, at the Middle School.
● Soccer fields are almost ready for play behind North Elementary School.
● The High School has many new areas under construction this summer. Two new gyms are nearing completion, new technology education spaces (FabLab), including hallways to our Ag and Automotive areas have begun, and alterations to the entrance (secured vestibule), adjusting music areas and food stations have yet to begin construction.
● Our new Area Learning Center will be moving into a leased space over the summer.
GRADUATION AND END OF THE YEAR FESTIVITIES
This Friday is graduation. We wish the best to our graduates as they pursue a life beyond their time at Princeton Public Schools. Friday will be only one moment of success in the many to come for these fine Tiger graduates.
Schools have end of the year field trips, assemblies and ceremonies to celebrate our students’ success. One unique activity that will be taking place will be that some of our graduates will be dressing in their caps and gowns, and walking the halls of South Elementary to both say goodbye to the school itself, as well as to inspire our primary students. It should be a heartwarming afternoon!
This summer most of our student activities will be taking place at the Middle School, including the Food Program for breakfast and lunches. Targeted Services, Tiger Club, and many athletic events will be at the Middle School as well.
Fewer activities at the High School than in previous years, due to the construction.
Summer Hours from June 10th through August 19th will be:
District Office, Princeton High School and Princeton Middle School:
Monday through Thursday 7:30 to 3:30.
The District Office will not be open on Fridays.
North Elementary (Princeton Intermediate) and South Elementary (Princeton Primary):
Monday through Thursday 7 am to 3 pm
Fridays from 7 am to noon.
Phone calls during the month of June will be trying, with limited phone service until after July 4th. Our entire district is getting a new phone system. Please call the main switchboard at 763.389.2422, and we will get you to the right person.
On July 1, our two schools will be renamed, as planned. South Elementary School will be called Princeton Primary School (PS). North Elementary School will be called Princeton Intermediate School (IS). The Princeton Middle School (MS) and Princeton High School (HS) will remain the same. Community Education/ECFE, Early Childhood Programs will be called the Family Learning Center.
There will be a sale on June 3, at South Elementary. Right after that, asbestos work will be done, and then the portables will be removed. Finally, South will be demolished at the end of the month with field work beginning soon afterwards. We will have soccer fields in the location. Soccer is our fastest growing athletic activity.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
We are planning so many grand openings to see the new facilities!
Thank you, Princeton Community, for the new facilities. And thank you to our School Board for your leadership and courage to be behind the bond referendum. Princeton is a fantastic place to be a student, staff or community member.
Julia A. Espe, Superintendent of Princeton Public Schools